Saturday, June 23, 2007

WHAT A WONDERFUL SATURDAY!!!!!

What a wonderful day this was and I almost missed it. We had RS Seminar workshop and a great speaker Connie Sokol. She was our keynote speaker but she was in St. George this morning and had forgotten her appointment with us until her husband told her so she threw some clothes into a bag and hurried to the airport in St. George and she didn't have any I.D. on her but somehow got on the plane and arrived at the end of our classes. Long story short she was just a little bit harried but she pulled herself together and gave a wonderful talk. The theme of her talk was "BALANCING OUR UNBALANCED LIVES THROUGH THE SAVIOR" she started by explaining her tardiness but with humor. Connie is a national presenter, Deseret News Author of two books and an at-home mother of six ranging in ages with the oldest (I think she said 14 down to 2 yrs). In this hectic life she ALWAYS PUTS HER FAMILY FIRST. This in itself is a great accomplishment she is acquainted with Sherry Dew and recommends all of her books. My mind was so very full when she was through that I knew that I had to share with my family all of the things that was given. She started with a quote from Gordon b. Hinckley "In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be injoyed not just endured."

Our first class was - Simple, strong marriages taught by Lee Higbee. We are Responsible Women. Alway put your husband first along with children and to remember - nurturing and spirituality with our marriages and in partnership with God. She also used D&C 25:4 ....murmer not ..vs 6 ..accompany your husband on errands as well as church assignments (even if it is to Home Depot)....vs. 16.....this is Lees own interpretation of it and "give surprises and notice the small things and instantly forgive". Much more was given but..

Scripture Reading - Liz Wolfgramm. Along with our daily lives we need spiritual food. We also need personal revelation and this can follow.
1. Prayer before scripure reading..
2. Search..
3. Apply what you read to yourself..
4. Fasting and prayer for understanding..
5. Pick stories in Book of Mormon and REMEMBER (R.P.M.)Reading, Prayer, and Meditate. Apply scriptures to daily life.

Our Last class was on Preparing Simple, Nutritious meals in a short time. Combine Cooking Time with Family Time
This instructor is a nutrionist works at the LDS Hospital I am sharing these things with my family because everything is so necessary for a balance in our lives. I do think that our young moms have a challenge and so all of us Goldie Oldies such as me. She also used D&C Section 89. Choose the food wisely - take inventory, meal management shopping with strategy . Use the frozen fruit and frozen chopped Onions, Shredded Cheese. These are time savers. She mentioned that she has an appliance grave yard and she is using some of the old collected appliances. You can save money as well as time if planned out.

I guess I had better finish my Saturday's work - or not. I will.

1. Get Direction....
2. Lose the Perfection and keep priorities straight.

Don't compare ourselves to others and one of the things that impressed me was be a B+ person and not an A person and lose the perfection and get lost in it. KEEP A JOURNAL.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thank you for the upbeat message. It does become so overwhelming, at times, to be a mom and all that comes with it! It is good to get useful tips that will save you time and energy. I also like the way she encouraged us to involve the family. That is one thing my family always did. If someone was going to the mall, the grocery store, home depot, etc, we all went and loved it! We loved spending time together and hanging out and I think that is one of the reasons we are all so close today. That is exactly how I want my own family to be. Thanks for the encouragement! Love ya!

Mandy said...

What a great message! It sounds like you had such a great day and learned lots....PS. I think your blog counts a little bit as a journal!

Susie said...

What a great entry! I've missed reading about your life but I'm getting caught back up. I just used that same President Hinkley quote at Girl's Camp- in fact it's on a tile in my entryway. I told the girls that when I heard Sister Hinkley speak a few years ago she was filled with such joy and laughter that I decided then that was how I wanted to live my life. It was a joy that was born from living your life with no regrets and in as much of a Christ-like way as you can- she was an amazing women!

Unknown said...

I'm glad that I can strive to be a B+ person instead of an A person...that will make life a lot more bearable! I'm glad your post made it onto your blog! We had fun at your house yesterday...love you!

Diane said...

That's the secret isn't it? Living our lives with no regrets. I think we all needed to hear this message. We do need to live each day with joy and laughter. It gives a whole meaning to RPM's. Thanks for the message!

Pcrowther said...

mom, Thanks for the inspiration you are to all of us. Check out Aimee's blog You are on the cover a magazine!! I knew you had it in you