Tuesday, July 17, 2007

IT'S HOT SO WHAT ELSE IS NEW??

It's Tuesday afternoon and nobody BUT NOBODY can fritter a day away like can. My big accomplishment was picking up dog poop before it got too hot. Oh yes I looked at the weeds growing and just turned my back on them and came into the house. I can remember a time (I think) that I could at least get more done in a day. Maybe I need to concentrate more on getting some more stuff to throw out from downstairs (at least it's cool down there).

Don't you all feel sorry for me especially the ones that are living in a castle on a hill in Nashville where the weather sticks to you. I have decided that I need to hire a professional to come in and do for me what I don't seem to be able to do. Last week Shaela came over and she cleaned my kitchen and it was such a boost. I can think of so many ways that I want to escape the doing. I know that I was supposed to be a very rich, generous, very GRAND LADY and I think things got mixed up in the premortal life and here I am. I know that I have entered the sweepstakes and the promise is always just order and you can win ten million dollars so sucker me I order and this has brought more mail and more paper. When I have accumulated so much stuff that I don't want or need maybe I will get a little more sanity. I do think that Wendall threw away the humming birds that I collected. CRAZY - And downstairs in a dresser is a pair of pants that my dad had and he had hemmed them up himself and do you think I can throw them away? NO so here I am with things that I don't know how to part with stuff such as Mom's HOT fur coat that dad bought for her and it had been stolen. I must be a sentimental fool for these things. They never did make dad return the coat but it always bothered him. Maybe I need to start bringing the stuff upstairs and that would be part way out the door and into the car to go to the D.I.

Remember all of you have maybe inherited some of this insanity soooo beware.

I know that when you are doing something it is better than doing nothing. We have our Cultural Refinement excursion tonight and we are going to This is the Place Monument which is now called "Heritage Park". I am sure that this will be fun and I can escape having to make any WEIGHTY DECISIONS at least for today. I will tell you all about it tomorrow. We will have a train ride around the park and have the new sights pointed out to us.

Penni and Patti have decided that I need some color in my life and not be vanilla. I think that would be fun. How about a red couch like Diane. How about a Purple coat like Aunt Duella used to wear and a long blond wig. I would then have to get a face lift - HOWEVER I HATE PAIN!! Besides that I am terribly shy so the blond wig will have to go. Besides that it would be too hot and itchy. See I do need lots of help in making decisions. I can't even buy a new car because this 1993 Maxima has become part of the family and I can't part with it -CRAZY.

I hope that all of you pass through this phase of life a little more sane than me. Love you all I do love the bloggs.

7 comments:

Diane said...

Grandpa bought Grandma a "hot" fur coat?! I think I remember that coat! That is hilarious!!! Keep the coat, but toss Grandpa's pants ok? Or maybe you should SELL the coat!

Kimberly said...

Some things may be hard to part with, but it feels so good to get rid of it and have a clean house! By the way, don't forget to check out my blog and watch the videos we added!

Unknown said...

Grandma, you've been talking about cleaning the basement since I was born. Maybe all of us have become attached to the stuff down there. I know that I would be heart-broken if the fake worms in Grandpa's fishing stuff disappeared. Too bad you don't have that purple coat or blonde wig! It'd make a great halloween costume...like the punk rocker you were way back when.

Unknown said...

You are TOO funny. I think you should just throw everything away without looking to see what it is, then you won't have to question whether or not you want to part with it! I can't seem to accomplish anything in this heat either...it takes TOO MUCH energy! Love ya! By the way--did GRANDPA STEAL the coat or did someone else steal it?

Michael said...

alsi, i really like you're new profile picture at the top of your page. i hope it didn't take you all too long to get that up there.

Susie said...

Whatever you do, don't part with the "hot" fur coat- you never know when you might need to dress up! I bet your basement would be a fun place to explore on a hot summer day!

Aimee said...

Hi Grams,

So yeah and stuff.........stuff being the major problem here. (smile) When we moved this time the guys who helped Todd unload were instructed by Todd to drop everything in the garage. Guess where it is still sitting? Yep Boxes upon boxes. I can't lift them so there they sit and I've never really unloaded...crazy thought is, this house still gets messy with nothing in it....go FIGURE! (smile) We thought about tossing everything in the garage, but I couldn't bare to let go of memories either...or was it because if I toss I'll need it tomorrow.....something like that.
(Smile)
Love Aimee