Friday, January 25, 2008

WELL IT'S JANUARY!!

It is so fun to get up in the morning and open up the blogs and to see what new has been happening with my family. You all have such a talent of expressing yourselves. I have news for my family and - that is you don't have to be pregnant to be temperamental. You know how I am and I get on a kick of being mean. My problem is PLASTIC BOTTLES. I find them everywhere and I take such pleasure in finding them and then smashing them. I guess growing up such things as stuff to store things in it was hard to find both in Wendall's family and my family so when we emptied a jar or plastic something we saved it and used it for storage. When we had a jelly jar (which was very seldom) we saved it to drink in. Those hard times one doesn't just get over just cause we get older. We are all people who somewhat copy the way we were raised (But not all of the time). Do you remember Patti taking my refrigerator pan that I used to bake a roast in because she thought that was the only way to do a roast. This was because I didn't have any other pan. We do things the way our parents did them sometimes. I remember when I really wanted store bought WHITE bread and not homemade because mom always made our bread and we seldom had store bought bread. Memories are a really wonderful thing and your children will grow up wanting to do the things that you did.

I do remember in my day dreams I was always going to wear a fresh dress and apron and HIGH HEAL SHOES because I really thought that was so beautiful. I was going to be fashionably dressed no matter what. That didn't last long. I really wanted to have long black hair and beautiful brown eyes because my friend Diana Cleveland had the long hair and brown eyes and I definitely wasn't going to have freckles. Well I had all of the opposite and FRECKLES as big as Ginger Snaps - that is what my Grandpa Stevens (Pop as we called him) said my freckles were like. I remember sending away for freckle remover and when it came it almost removed my skin but not the freckles. I see some of the same things in my great grandchildren and I just love the way you are with them. You never can love them too much.

I hope you get a kick out of reading my memories because it is fun to share.

With my new great grandchildren coming I love everyone of them and they will all have their own special personality. Keep posting the pictures because I look forward to all of them. Keep the blogs coming because it is just like we are talking to each other. LOVE YOU LOTS!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so funny, Grandma. I can't believe you sent away for freckle remover! It's true...I'm hormonal and emotional even when I'm not pregnant, but being pregnant definitely magnifies it! Love you!

Unknown said...

You are so funny, Grandma. I can't believe you sent away for freckle remover! It's true...I'm hormonal and emotional even when I'm not pregnant, but being pregnant definitely magnifies it! Love you!

Kimberly said...

Isn't it funny how someone else's life always appears to be much more happier and exciting than our own! I could not imagine you with brown eyes and dark brown hair. I always thought you looked similar to Lucille Ball. Thank you for sharing your memories with us. You have definitely led an exciting and wonderful life. This blogging world has definitely made the distance between all of us shorter and I really love that!

Diane said...

I always thought you looked and acted like Lucille Ball on the I Love Lucy Show. You were also Wilma on the Flintstones. Dot was Betty. I can't picture you with brown hair and eyes either. You are perfect just the way you are. Don't you miss those freckles? I always wanted them and didn't have them. Oh yeah...I wanted dark thick Black hair and slanted brown eyes too. I idolized my Japanese friend, Diane, and wanted to look just like her. Oh the grass is always greener.....

I grew up thinking I had an uncle named "Pop". I was shocked when I found out he was my great grandpa. I think his favorite cookie was ginger snaps.

Michael said...

I could use a refrigerator pan to cook a roast in. It must taste better that way. Have you and grandpa thought about the recycling business? It's very lucrative, and I think you two are sitting on a gold mine. Just kidding. I can only imagine what the freckle remover you sent away for had in it! Good thing your skin survived.

Kelly and Megan said...

We are glad we can read your blog and see what you are up to! You always have something fun to read! We hope you are well!

Kelly and Megan

Pcrowther said...

Hi Mom,
I love reading your blog. We had a great time together with Aimee and the Kids. I cant believe it was over so fast. Post the pictures so we can see them. For 78years old you keep up pretty good. I want to go again. Love ya, Pen