Saturday, September 29, 2007

WEDDING BELLS!!!!!!!!!

I know that I am late sharing this news with family but MY NEPHEW STEVEN GODFREY IS GETTING MARRIED - - - WOW AND DOUBLE WOW. He is marrying a girl from Canada and they met on the internet. I think Steve is happy about this but I am not sure about Elaine, she really has her hands full taking care of Kathi and preparing for an open house on the 8th of November. We are all hoping that Kathi will make it. Katy is going to Boston, Mass. on a mission and she leaves on Dec. 1st. Katy is Kathi's daughter so Elaine has been preparing her for this mission. I really have an appreciation for all that Elaine is doing and keeping Steve cheered up.

This is rather a sober blog but I just have my moments. Penni and Patti and I attended the Jordan River Temple last Wednesday (I think that was the day) or was it Thursday anyway that is an oasis from all of the trials that we are facing.

Today the news of the wildfires in Southern California are really frightening. We need to be prepared at all times.

Enough of the sad stuff I am really glad for my family and this is such a wonderful way to keep in touch. When I read your blogs I am always amazed at how you post such cute pictures and have such wonderful ways of expressing yourselves.

Today I am glued to the TV watching the news about the places that I love being burned but knowing how strong my family is they WILL BE OKAY. I will have a more cheerful blog when I get my colon????? test done tomorrow. I am such a boob. They had better give me a "I don't give a DA!!!! OR DARN PILL" quickly before I get in the room like Olsa does when I go to See Roger. They make me quite comfortable before Roger even looks in my mouth. You all remember Roger our Dentist. I don't like this time of life when stuff starts going breaking down. MY OH MY WHAT A BOOB I AM. I know my family is a lot more composed than I am. This is like walking the plank in a pirate show for me. Love you all.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Grandma! I thought you'd disappeard off the face of the blogging world! It's fun to see a post from you! I'm a big boob, too...I flew with Parker to Nashville today and cried several times during the journey! People probably thought I was a mess...6 1/2 months pregnant with a CRAZY toddler bawling my head off when we finally made it through security! Love you!

Kimberly said...

It must run in the family (being a boob thing)...glad to see you up and blogging again!

Michael said...

I like to think that I'm not a boob. I'm just glad that Kimberly is back in her house now, so I don't have to worry about them losing it all. Glad to see you back on the blog.

Diane said...

Mom, I had no idea you had updated your blog!!! My kids didn't even tell me. Glad to see you're updated. Glad I checked in. I've been worried about all the fires in California too. The kids are fine and back at home cleaning up ashes and soot from hell to breakfast! The main thing is that they're ok. Love ya!

Aimee said...

Hi Grams-
I don't know how you did it but you fixed your blog. Good job. Sorry I couldn't figure it out for you. hope everything goes well for you. Love ya
Aimee

Tina said...

Hi grandma! Ive been MIA for a while but I am back now. Hope you are doing well!
Love you