Sunday, March 9, 2008

SUNDAY MORNING CRAZY!!!

It has been a GREAT DAY now that it is evening. I bought all of these clothes in Washington and there seems to be a mental quirk that I have because I started getting ready for church early enough - we have the 11 to 2 meetings and it seemed that I wanted to wear something new - wellll that was when my dilemma I ended up emptying all of my clothes out of the closet and putting them on the bed and by that time it was late and we needed to get out of the door to go to church. The bottom line is I put on my same OLD UNIFORM AND we left and of course parking is a major problem so we just made it just in time. It was really great because we got there late enough that they couldn't call on me or Wendall for prayer. When we got home THE DARN CLOTHES WERE STILL THERE IN A HEAP ON THE BED and by this time I decided that I really needed to get a grip the night before and leave all of this kind of frustration behind. I guess if I just get ready for the day and then get over myself would be the best thing for me to do because after all age gives me LICENSE to put bright red lipstick on and very blue eyeshadow (or whatever color) and just GO and smile (with smeared lipstick in the fine lines around my mouth and on my teeth) and act my age. I really do think that maybe I need a SHRINK to help me through the shock of my birthday. Oh well ALL IS WELL and I did get my clothes hung up and by that time I was really exhausted whewwwwwww !!!!!!!! So goes the day in the life of MEEE.

I loved the new blogs and today, MONDAY, is Bob's birthday and a GREAT BIG SHOUT OUT TO HIM FROM US! Love ya all! Keep on blogging and sharing all of the fun experiences with the kids.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You sound like me trying to find something to wear to church! I love it! I'm glad you survived...hopefully you did put on the blue eyeshadow and red lipstick!

Michael said...

I'm glad you got some new clothes and a new computer. You deserve it. Now you just have to make sure that you don't get triples of all the pictures on your computer. I would like to see you with that bright red lipstick and blue eyeshadow.

Diane said...

Mom,
All you need is several white shirts, a few ties, and a few suits.
They last for years.
Thanks for the nice birthday wishes.
I love you.
Thanks for being you.
Bob

Tina said...

Grandma, you are the greatest! Thanks for sharing and being able to laugh about it! Love you!

Kimberly said...

OH, there's nothing like new clothes. I can't believe after all that you didn't wear something new. I hate it when I make a mess like that and have to clean it up afterward. I know you always look cute in whatever you wear. We love you!

Diane said...

Mom, you are so funny! I think we have a thing about wearing something new for the first time. Or is it that we feel we still have the option of taking it back if we leave the tags on them. I did that with those designer jeans I bought several years back. I think they stayed in the sack in my closet, with the tags on, for at least a year!