Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Finally a Clear Day

It is a wonderful day because the sun is FINALLY SHINING and there is a promise of some spring before the hot summer. Yesterday was a very full day. I can't believe some of the things that I get myself into.

I keep forgetting that I can't keep up with the younger set and I have got to remember my place in life. Monday is the day that I go to the Lost and Found (record's dept. for the church). Some of the sad things that I run into makes me so grateful for my family. We really need to count our blessings for what we have. It was my day for Scripture, Song, and Prayer which is a wonderful opportunity but STRESSFUL. It is amazing how the Church goes about searching for the lost ones. I have always liked Erma Bombeck and so I used one of her posts (she has been dead for a few years). The title is "SQUEEZE EVERY MINUTE OUT OF LIFE" it is really a good way to live your life rather than to live with regrets or live in the past or wait for the tomorrows.

I have got to get me a small camera and take with me because I just love all of the pictures that all of you post. I can't believe how grown up Taylor is and Luke just is so typical of a boy (personality Plus). Blake and Parker are getting to be their own individual people with minds of their own.

One of Erma's quotes is "I would have eaten less cottage cheese and more ice cream".

Another one is "There would have been more I love you...more I'm sorrys...more I'm listenings...but mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute of it...look at it and really see it...try it on...live it...exhaust it.... and never give that minute back until there was nothing left of it...

Keep on blogging because this is such a fun way to keep in touch and soon, with Robyn's help I will post some current pictures - I hope.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lost and found sounds like a pretty good name for it. I like the Erma Bombeck quotes.

Diane said...

Do they stick people in a big closet at the Church Office Building and wait for a time to see if anyone claims them? No wonder they need your help!! You'd better not call in sick too often because I'll bet they are tired of being crammed in that closet! What is it with us anyway...do we have a big sign on our foreheads that says "Ask me...I don't have anything else to do!" Sorry! I love the Erma Bombeck quotes...I'm just trying to find some life to put into the minute. Love ya!

Kimberly said...

Love the quotes and the blog! Taylor had a great birthday yesterday. Hopefully, I can update my blog soon. Luke has had a fever since Sunday and Blake's ear infection is back again. Oh, the life of a mother!

Susie said...

I love that you're working in the lost and found department because I know you will put your heart and soul into finding someone cause you know how much family means!!

Kimberly said...

Just wanted you to know that Blake is doing much better. We changed antibiotics for him and his ear looks like it is clearing up. He will be visiting the ENT May 9th to see when we can get ear tubes for him. If he has another burst, my pediatrician may be able to get us in sooner. As far as Luke goes, he still has a fever (4 days now). I am calling the doctor tomorrow. I got my carpets cleaned today and cleaned my windows, inside and out, last week. I'm trying to clean any left over bugs out of my house. I need every one to get well and stay well! Love ya!