Friday, April 20, 2007

HARD DAY AT THE GYM

Well I shot out of bed at 7:00 am this morning and hurried to the fitness center to work out AND I MEAN WORK. My trainer gave me a schedule to follow so I saw Penni there already doing the ep???????? treadmill. I went to the bike and started very slow and I mean slow. It kept telling me to start and I was doing as fast as I could. I was scheduled to do 30 min. It seemed like time was just crawling. Penni came and got on the bike and she was to do 30 min also. She had already worked 30 min. on the other monster. There she is about 15 min after me and when I had 28 min on the machine she had already gone 29 and I said to her how in the heck can you be ahead of me, well the answer to that was I was too slow for it to register. I had actually been going for about 50 min so go figure that. On my rubber legs we went down the stairs to the other INTIMIDATING MONSTERS to do our lifting weights just getting on them and winding my arms around the thingamajigs was really quite an effort with Penni trying to wind my arms and me not being able to quite understand the procedure but I did it DOUBLE WOW!!!!!!

I think life is really getting complicated for me so I decided to go to Kohls to see what they had on sale (this was after getting my hair done) as you see I'll do anything to to stay away from housework.

Tomorrow is Saturday and I'll see if I can do something useful. I really look forward to all of the blogs and comments. All of you really encourage me. Do you think I am having a mid life crisis at my age?

I am so glad that weather is better and we don't have to freeze anymore. I am still trying to get up enough nerve to try pictures but I want some new ones. I sure do think we have cute kids. Parker is really so wide eyed he reminds me of Robyn when she was that age. Each one of them have their own personality and my posterity is growing.

Life is good.

6 comments:

Michael said...

Grandma, I want to go to the gym with you! It sounds like an episode of "I Love Lucy" or something.

Kimberly said...

I can just see you on that bike for 50 minutes and wondering why your timer isn't working. Michael's right, it does kind of sound like an "I Love Lucy" episode. I could just see you making that square mouth Lucy would make and letting out a Waaahh! Just keep on keeping on, it will get easier. Weight a go (ha-ha) or is is Weight to go! Love ya!

Unknown said...

I think I will come with you to the gym sometime...I can just put Parker in the kid's club. That is really funny that you rode the bike for 50 minutes...maybe it was so hard because you had too much resistance on! Keep it up...are you sore today?

Susie said...

You are my inspiration! I totally understand the whole machine-intimidation thing. Once Lynn and I were walking next to each other on treadmills when his phone rang and he dropped it trying to answer it. As he bent down to get it he forgot to keep moving and he fell down and went shooting off the end of the treadmill. I laughed so hard I had to stop too!!

Diane said...

It's a lot of work to ride a bike for 50 minutes and go nowhere!! Don't you wonder why in the heck your legs feel like rubber when the machine didn't even know you were on it?! I remember reading about a fat farm where obese people would sit on the bikes,loosen the resistance, and spin the wheels really fast to rack up the miles without even breaking a sweat so they could end their workout and their trainers would see they had done at least 3 miles. Wish I could be there...laughter helps you lose weight...right?!

Crowther said...

I saw some pictures of you, Patti and my mom working out it was entertaining to say the least;) you should definitely post them.